Friday, August 15, 2008

Dull to Vivid Hibiscus Bloom

I took this close up shot of a bloom on my small hibiscus tree. Its located in my side yard where I have a variety of natural light coming in throughout the day. This original color of this shot was flat and non-inspiring and you could also see the imperfections of the leafs.

I first loaded this photo into Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw where I did some adjustments on the exposure, added some blacks, used the recovery slider to bring back some detail, added a clarity and vibrance adjustment. I then did some editing in Adobe Photoshop CS3 where I used the clone tool to correct some of the bloom imperfections, I did a levels adjustment..I added a shadow/highlight adjustment but only to the background not to the bloom itself. I ended with an unsharp mask adjustment, This shot is much improved and when printed out on my Epson R2400 printer it came out awesome..
Now nice enough to be framed and hung on the wall. Enjoy!

Watercolor effect added in Photoshop