Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Beautiful Gardens in North Carolina

I recently returned from a trip to the Asheville North Carolina area. One of our afternoon trips was over to the North Carolina Arboretum. . We were there in early June and many flowers were in bloom and the gardens were just absolutely beautiful. The nice thing is they also allow us to bring our dogs, on a leash, picking up poop the usual rules..But it was a great place for them to walk around they are both getting older and there were not many steep hills. I was able to get a shot of the water feature inside one of the garden areas. I color corrected the original image some but overall was happy with the composition. I decided to add a slight lucis art effect and crop and print at an 8x10 size for framing. I printed it our on exhibition fiber paper using my Epson R2400. Its now hanging on the wall in my family room and looks great.

Original Image Below:



Color Corrected, Cropped, and Lucis Art Filter Added Below: