Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Davidson River in the Pisgah National Forest

I love to look at the water in the rivers flowing in the mountains of North Carolina. I want to be able to replicate what my eyes are seeing in my camera, but I find it difficult to do. Its hard to capture the beauty and the relaxing feel of the flow of the water. I stopped on the side of the road on highway 276 which runs from Pisgah Forest, North Carolina to the Blue Ridge Parkway where you can continure on to Waynesville or return to Asheville North Carolina. It is one gorgeous stretch of highway with many pull over locations with trails and views of the river.

I took this shot of the river and rocks, the water is so clear, human beings have not ruined it yet. After Editing and cropping in Camera Raw and Adobe Photoshop CS4 I decided to add an artistic flair  using the Lucis Art Whyeth Effect. I like the artistic look of the water and rocks it gives it a very serene feel. I would love to have this babbling brook sound in my own backyard someday but for now will have to settle for visiting as often as I can.


Before 

After